Acumen IT – Repetitive Discrete/Batch Manufacturing
Discrete and batch manufacturing operations demand a high level of predictability and repeatability in their processes and in their costs.
Discrete and batch manufacturing operations demand a high level of predictability and repeatability in their processes and in their costs. These businesses need to be able to benefit from economies that can be gained by efficiently grouping and scheduling production, and they need sophisticated forecasting and demand planning capabilities to better match product mix to sales mix. Eliminating waste and delay is key, and having the right product available at the right time in the right quantity is the aim. Today, the right sales and production planning and execution systems enable these companies to reduce raw material, WIP, and finished goods inventories, while at the same time minimizing stock-outs and maximizing revenues.
Benefits from Effective ERP System Deployment and Operation:
- Increased production throughput/output
- Increased personnel and plant productivity
- Improved material planning ensures orders can be launched and processed as scheduled
- Reduced inventories and material shortages
- Improved cost control/lower costs
- Higher utilization of production capacity
- Improved management of raw material and component lead times
- Transition toward a lean, just-in-time production model
- Reduced order management/customer service effort due to provision of self-service order inquiry/tracking portal(s)
- Reduced engineering/estimating workload due to improved data integration between CAD systems and BOM/Estimating systems
- More efficient/higher yield production schedules due to production planning that logically groups orders for like/similar components and end items
- Better integration between forecasts, usage history, and planned production orders reduces working capital needs and order-to-cash cycle times